Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Shower Cake

This cake was so much fun to do. My friend asked me to make a cake for a baby shower she was throwing for her friend who is having her first baby, a little girl. How exciting! I jumped at the opportunity and immediately dreamed up the design. She sent me a picture of the baby's crib bedding so I used that as a color and design starting point. A lot of work, I'm not going to lie - it's just me in my little kitchen, no staff of helpers to get the cake baked, filled, and dirty iced before the real fun begins with the decorating. Still I love the process, it's an outlet and when it turns out so fantastic, I enjoy it even more. Hope you like!!
(I'll post the lemon cake recipe in a future post, it was yummy :)



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Amazing, amazing, amazing. I don't just like it, I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH. You're fantastic, and it made the shower what it was. Such a great success, and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! I wish you were in Utah to make one for the girl baby shower I'm throwing :) I can't believe you made those little shoes on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley sooooo cute and DELISH! You are truly amazing and everyone there was impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete