Sunday, July 31, 2011

Where are all the maternity clothes?

From the 4 clothing stores we have to choose from in this town, none of them sell maternity clothes anymore. Desperate for something to wear to church that I can fit into I scoured 3 of the stores yesterday for anything knee length or longer and elastic. Knowing there are no clothes specifically for the expectant mother I figured I'd be shopping in the old lady section, everything is elastic there right? WRONG! Not only is this town anti-pregnancy but apparently it's anti-normal-church-attending apparel too! Shopko had no skirts that I could find, Sears had a couple formal looking heavy black floor length things and some upper-thigh showing mini's, and Wal-Mart had 1 decent peasant style skirt that I might consider if the sizes offered weren't reduced to only Small and XXL. So again desperate, I headed for the fabric department of Wal-Mart picked out some fabric that hopefully will match an extra stretchy long shirt I had purchased at Sears that day, along with some wide elastic and decided to take matters in my own hands. I started the no-pattern skirt at 9:24pm Saturday night and finished at 12:10am this (Sunday) morning. Wore it to church today and loved it!

My new skirt and baby bump, getting bigger!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete