Monday, August 8, 2011

Spider-man Cake

This is a Spider-man cake I made for my 3 year old's birthday. He's been asking for a spider-man cake for his birthday for the past 2 or 3 months. Since I was not about to do a replica of spider-man's head, this is what I came up with. I thought it was fun, and turned out pretty cute. Just wish my kitchen was better for taking pictures. The cake was a new recipe - tropical carrot cake by America's test kitchen. It takes a typical carrot cake and adds pineapple, coconut and extra spices. It turned out really moist and pretty yummy but I think I still prefer just regular carrot cake. I don't think the recipe called for enough salt, the flavors fell a little flat. Oh well, you add cream cheese frosting and anything is delectable right?


No comments:

Post a Comment