Monday, March 21, 2011

Cake Decorating

For my first post, I wanted to show my favorite cakes that I've done. I've only been 'dabbling' in cake decorating for about 2 years, getting a little more serious these past few months. I'm 100% self-taught and 100% obsessed. I've listed them in chronological order starting with the most recent (and most fabulous!)

My first 3 tiered cake. I made it for a church dinner. It turned out wonderful. The bottom tier is white cake with lemon curd filling. Middle layer is chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and crushed oreo filling. The top layer is spice cake with cream cheese frosting for a filling. It's decorated in homemade marshmallow fondant.
6" mint chocolate chip cake with chocolate buttercream. So little and cute!
Whole wheat carrot cake with cream cheese icing.
Valentine's cake for a bake sale.

Basket of roses cake. Love it!

Father's day cake. Chocolate heaven. Chocolate cake with chocolate and oreo filling with chocolate buttercream icing.
Cherry chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and whipped cream.
My very first fondant cake, and still one of my very favorites!
Basket weave cake. Pretty and elegant.

1 comment:

  1. Marsha! These look delicious and I want to eat them!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete